Austenitic stainless steels
The program includes:
- General austenitic stainless steels
- Thermal spray alloys
Other austenitic stainless steels are also available. Contact us to discuss the full range of metal powder alloys.
General austenitic stainless steels
General austenitic stainless steels for a wide range of applications.
1) Essentially non-magnetic, becomes slightly magnetic when cold worked. Low carbon content means less carbide precipitation in the heat-affected zone during welding and a lower susceptibility to intergranular corrosion.
2) Low carbon type 310 – for welding.
3) Good corrosion resistance to most chemicals. High creep strength at elevated temperatures. The low carbon content redices the possibility of in vivo corrosion for medical applications.
4) High-alloy austenitic stainless steel characterized by very good resistance to general corrosion in sulphuric, phosphoric and acetic acid as well as very good resistance to pitting corrosion and stress corrosion cracking.
Thermal spray alloys
Austenitic stainless steels for thermal spray, including flame spray and metalizing.
|SC 30||Austenitic stainless steel of 304 type||Bal.||0.08||19.0||1.0||2.0||10.0||-|
|SC 304L||Low-carbon austenitic stainless steel||Bal.||0.02||19.0||1.0||2.0||10.0||-|
|SC 316L||Corrosion resistant stainless steel||Bal.||0.02||17.0||1.0||2.0||12.0||Mo 2.5|