Nickel and nickel alloy metal powder
The standard range of Osprey® metal powder includes pure nickel metal powder to be used in, for example, additive manufacturing and metal injection moulding (MIM). We also offer nickel-based superalloys.
|Ni||Pure nickel suitable for use in a range of applications||≤0.5||–||Bal.||–||≤0.02||–||≤0.01||–||≤0.4|
Our nickel-based superalloys are used in a range of applications where high-temperature corrosion and oxidation resistance are key attributes. Examples are jet turbines, gas turbines, oil and gas, pressure vessels or chemical processing components.
Our range of nickel superalloys includes, for example, the below grades. Several of the grades are widely used in additive manufacturing. Read more about Ni-based superalloys for additive manufacturing
|See below1)||58.0 min||≤5||≤0.1||20.0-23.0||8.0-10.0||≤0.4||≤0.4||3.15-4.15||–|
|713C||See below2)||Bal.||≤2.5||0.08-0.20||12.0-14.0||3.8-5.2||5.0-6.5||0.5-1.0||1.8-2.8||B 0.05-0.15,
|80A||See below4)||Bal.||≤3.0||≤0.10||18.0-21.0||–||1.0-1.8||1.8-2.7||–||Co ≤2.0, Mn ≤1.0, Si ≤1.0, Cu ≤0.2, Zr ≤0.15, S ≤0.015, Pb ≤0.003, B ≤0.008|
|See below5)||Bal.||≤1.5||≤0.13||20.0||–||2||2.0||–||Co 18.0|
|See below6)||Bal.||19||≤0.15||21.0||9.0||–||–||–||Co 1.0|
1) This alloy resists a wide range of severely corrosive environments. Osprey® 625 is an alloy of the same type as Inconel® 625 which is a trademark owned by Huntington Alloys Corporation.
2) This alloy combines excellent fatigue resistance and rupture strength at high temperatures. Osprey® 713C is an alloy of the same type as Inconel® 713C which is a trademark owned by Huntington Alloys Corporation.
3) This alloy combines corrosion resistance and high strength with outstanding weldability including resistance to post-weld cracking. Osprey® 718 is an alloy of the same type as Inconel® 718 which is a trademark owned by Huntington Alloys Corporation.
4) This alloy is developed for high-temperature applications in the aerospace, power generation (gas turbines), nuclear and automotive industries with operating temperatures up to 815°C (1,500ºF). Osprey® 80A is an alloy of the same type as Nimonic® 80A which is a trademark owned by Special Metals.
5) This alloy also has good resistance to high-temperature corrosion and oxidation. Osprey® 90 is an alloy of the same type as Nimonic® 90 which is a trademark owned by Special Metals.
6) This alloy is used extensively in high-temperature applications. Osprey® H-X is an alloy of the same type as Hastelloy® X and Inconel® alloy HX which are trademarks owned by Haynes International Inc. and Huntington Alloys Corporation respectively.
Other nickel alloys are also available. Contact us to discuss our full range of metal powder alloys.